I cannot burn a CD from my windows media player, on a brand new blank disc. RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot burn a CD from my windows media player, on a brand new blank disc. I am positive that the disc is blank. Can anyone help with this problem? I have never experienced this before when burning discs. Thanks!
    Monday, October 17, 2011 3:24 AM

All replies

• whats the error message that you get when you try to burn blank disc ?
    Regards, h9ck3r.
    Monday, October 17, 2011 3:42 AM
  • It tells me to insert a new disc and that it will start plying after that. I have inserted many new discs and it still tells me thesame thing.
    Schooley
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 1:31 AM
  • No error messagwe except that I do not have a new cd inserted, I have treid many brand new cds. When I run Mr. Fix it the results say that there is nothing wrong.
    Schooley
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 1:36 AM
  • It tells me that the driver is not capable of burning.
    Schooley
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 1:39 AM
  • I have the same problem. When I click burn , it rejects the blank CD. Did you ever get an answer to this problem.

Can you share?

Thx!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:03 PM
  • hello  i had the same problem but i worked around, this is what i did,, once I have my play list i choose  "start burn"( but with NO CD INSIDE THE COMPUTER ) the cd tray will open.  insert  the cd and it will burn,,, everytime that I put the cd inside the computer BEFORE I choose "start burn"  always show   that the cd is not blank,,insert a new one,,,, this work for me,,, hope it helps. 
    any help is well appreciated, it all depends on who needs it
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 8:32 PM