none
Insufficient System Resources RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

I've 2 HUB/CAS Server in my environment that are load balanced.

We also have a Server with Jupiter application installed on it, and when the jupiter server tries to send an e-mail, it got the following message "Insufficient System Resources".

I've check some articles that suggest increasing the memory, increase the volume on which the queue folder exists, but I don't think that it's my issue, because all the other users can send and receive normally.

I'd be glad to hear your suggestions regarding the issue.

Cheers,

Mohamed Waly

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 1:47 PM

Answers

• Dear Mohamed,

1) can you check Exchnage server component ( HubTransport ) status while you facced this issue Get-ServerComponentState -Identity transportserverhostname  

2) Can you bypassing NLB or other LB & mentioned transport server IP in application server replay  and rought mails though directly tranport server.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 3:24 PM

All replies

• Dear Mohamed,

1) can you check Exchnage server component ( HubTransport ) status while you facced this issue Get-ServerComponentState -Identity transportserverhostname  

2) Can you bypassing NLB or other LB & mentioned transport server IP in application server replay  and rought mails though directly tranport server.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 3:24 PM
  • HI,

Try using a single HUB/CAS server FQDN to your Jupiter application. And it could be the permission issue to send emails, or does not have sufficient exchange server details. Also check if the application server ports 25 is open to send mails using SMTP configuration. 

There could be back pressure in exchange transport but we will discuss later, all step by step.

Thanks

• Edited by PK Sarangi Wednesday, December 14, 2016 4:47 PM
    Wednesday, December 14, 2016 4:44 PM
  • Hi,

What is the detailed exchange version?

Can the applications send emails fine in the past?

As above mentioned, it might appear that you're experiencing Exchange Back Pressure. 

According to the error message, I also have found the following article for your reference:

https://support.appriver.com/kb/a449/insufficient-system-resources-exchange-server-2007-and-2010.aspx

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,
    David Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 15, 2016 6:37 AM
  • Hi Hardik,

1) When I ran 

Get-ServerComponentState -Identity transportserverhostname

The Server didn't recognize it as a cmdlet, I'm running Exchange 2010 btw.

2) I've restarted one of the NLB Nodes, ir order to check whether the problem exists in NLB or not, but the problem still exists.

Thursday, December 15, 2016 8:04 AM
  • Th detailed Exchange Version is 14.1

The application were apply to send fine in the past.

If I'm facing  a back pressure why it only happens with that server not the others.

Thursday, December 15, 2016 8:08 AM
  • The Problem has been solved after restarting both HUB/CAS servers gradually. However, I still don't know the root cause for that issue.
    Thursday, December 15, 2016 8:41 AM
  • Hi,

Glad to hear that the issue has been solved.

Best Regards,
    David Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:43 AM
  • Hi,

Exchange 2013 can detect when vital resources, such as available hard drive space and memory, are under pressure, and take action in an attempt to prevent service unavailability, back pressure prevents the system resources from being completely overwhelmed, and the Exchange server tries to process the existing messages before accepting any new messages.

I noticed the issue only occurs on one server, so it may be the problematic server has insufficient System Resources.

After restarting the exchange server, utilization of the system resource returns to a normal level, the Exchange server gradually resumes normal operation and starts accepting new messages again.

Best Regards,
    David Wang

Friday, December 16, 2016 2:01 AM