Daemontools Uninstall RRS feed

• Question

• Running Vista 32 bit.  On Daemontools ver 4.3 it appears the uninstall is a two step process and it is not visble to the
    Add/Remove Programs tools or utilities like REVO Uninstaller that depend on that to do a more complete removal so I had to use there uninstaller, uninst.exe.  That appeared to work and removed the virtual CD ROM drive without issue. 

However, the SPTD layer that they add automatically must be uninstalled separately according to them.  So I went to duplexsecure.com and dowloaded their uninstaller,  SPTDinst-v174-x86.exe.  This says it is not a valid Win32 application.  When run elevated it says "invalid access to memory location". 

I'm always suspicious of what junk is left behind when an app does not present itself cleanlly for uninstall in the Add/Remove programs window. 

- Anyone have any thoughts on this? 

- Suppose it neeeds to be run from the command line? 

An Aside: When they do present in the Add/Remove Window Revo Uninstaller does a nice job of running the app's own installer first, then showing you what it left behind.  Most notoriously bad uninstaller I have seen so far is the Google Chrome browser which left behind about 500 registry entries after it "unistalled" itself.  This is why it would be nice to know in advance of trying a program if it is not going to register itself with the Add/Remove Programs facility.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your post!

The error message "it is not a valid Win32 application" indicates that there is no prgram associated with the file you are trying to run. Usually, you need to reinstall the original program and uninstall them using the uninstaller.

Like Google Chrome browser, many third party software won't be uninstalled via Windows tools. They may left hundreds of registries which need to be uninstalled manually. It is recommended to contact the software manufacture for more accurate information on the removal.

FYI, I would like to share with their forum support for you.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, September 27, 2010 9:25 AM