none
Use of custom tiles in PWA to represent a tiered set of phases and process documents RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone, 

I need to pick your brains on a problem I am having. I want to be able to create a new page, accessible from the menu on the left hand side of the PWA home page.   This new page needs to display a series of tiles, each one represents a Phase, so for example the page would show 3 tiles representing Phase 1, 2 and 3. 

Now if I were to click on the Phase 1 tile is then would display a new page with a series of document titles, each one representing a Process document and there could be several documents and there might even be a need to show documents grouped under headings. Each listing would simply be a hyperlink to the relevant document. This would be repeated for each Phase. I'm also considering showing each document as a linked image (like a button)

I don't need anything as sophisticated as workflow. 

So my questions are :-

1) What is the easiest way to create this first "overview" page ?  And the subsequent pages showing the document links/ images ?

2) Where would I find some cool images to use a tiles ?  Does anyone know of a resource where there is a pre-defined set of images I can use for the tiles ?   Does such a thing exist ? I understand the tiles all have to be 50x50px  ?

Any other suggestions for implementing this requirement as simply as possible ?

Thank you ! 

Regards

Alison

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 9:23 PM

Answers