none
Task and team planner RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

As a new Project user, I am wondering why in the "Team Planner" tab (the name can be different as I am using it in French..), sometimes a task will move by itself.

Please see example below:

A task for "Phil" is planned from 20 January to 31 January (10 days).

On the 27th January, I update the status of this task. I enter 50% of work done, and I move the remaining 50% to the 3rd of February (from the 3 to the 7 of February).

Then I save my Project, close it and re-open it a few minutes after.

The remaining 50% have move from 3-7 Feb to 27-31 Jan as initially scheduled.

I am sure I am using Project wrongly but can someone explain me how to split a task properly?

Thanks 

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 2:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When you say "team planner", are you refering to "planificateur d'équipe" in MS Project?

So far, if you save your project, it should be the same way when you open it again.

But we might need more information. How do you move the remaining work? With the detail task form pane, spliting the task, using the dialog box to reschedule incomplete work, in the gantt chart?

Then do you use resource leveling, or is the resource leveling configured to automatic (resource tab)? 

Are you sure that the save/publish job has been successful? Have you tired cleaning up your local cache?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 9:59 AM