Administrative changes to Windows XP running as a kiosk RRS feed

• Question

• I have a PC that is running Windows XP in some kind of XP mode; this computer was setup when I arrived here with no documetation. I have moved the machine to a different subnet and need to change the IP address. How do I get into the machine to make administrative changes. I have tried using the shift key and log off combination. All that happens is the PC logs off to the welcome screen with only the kiosk login button. In fact, I have tried many key combinations to no avail.
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:16 PM

All replies

• Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:35 PM
  • All I can do is open IE and surf the internet. There is no task bar. However, if I hover the pointerin the left hand corner of the screen I get the start menu to open a sub menu with the all programs folder and one other folder. Both are empty. I tried starting in Safe Mode and same thing.
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 5:00 PM
  • I am not sure how reversing the order of the words is going to help. The links themselves were of absolutely no help.
    Monday, October 17, 2011 6:16 PM
  • You should be able to access the Task Manager by using Ctrl+Alt+Del.  Once it is open, click on File in the menu bar and select New Task (Run...).  Then type "Control Panel" without quoatation marks.  This will open the Control Panel windows.  You should be able to administer from there.
    Monday, March 26, 2012 12:51 PM