none
SCOM MP doesn't pick up DirectAccess RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello Everyone,

    I seem to be having an issue with SCOM not picking up anything on my DA servers.

    I've installed the Microsoft Windows Server Remote Access 2012 R2 MP, I've configured the RunAs accounts, limited it to the DA servers, the account has local Admin priv. on the DA servers. Nothing however is being picked up by SCOM. Am I missing something?

    Any info would be appreciated.

    Thursday, November 5, 2015 4:01 PM

All replies

  • This MP leverage the usage of Powershell cmdlets as Get-RemoteAccess, you might need to check running the Power shell commands remotely is enabled or not ? Can you try running this command on the DirectAccess server from  remote server ?

    Wednesday, December 2, 2015 10:37 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi Ahmen,

    This seems to be leading me in the correct direction as to why it's not working.

    Remote PS is enabled and working, however when I run Get-RemoteAccess I get the following:

    You do not have permissions to access GPO {insert DA GPO here}.
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (*domain*...2-783994C7025A}:root/Microsoft/...PS_RemoteAccess) [Get
       -RemoteAccess], CimException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : HRESULT 80072020,Get-RemoteAccess

    I've tried looking up that error, but not seeing anything.

    I've confirmed that my accounts have access to the GPO, DA servers, etc.

    Wednesday, December 2, 2015 2:50 PM
  • I am not sure how your AD is organized but I guess you have one main OU for Direct Access and under it several OUs for the Clients and servers.

    The problem is mainly with the Client Direct Access OU.

    I would recommend two steps to ensure we isolated this issue.

    1. Link the Direct Access Client OU of the top OU not to specific client OUs.

    2. Filter (Security Filtering) with Security Groups where this policy get applied.

    Saturday, April 9, 2016 11:11 AM
    Moderator