none
How to change security permissions of my hard drive C back default. RRS feed

• Question

• I have messed up permissions because I had access denied while I was trying to decrypt desktop folder. I made owner Dimitris (PC name) and now i get access denied on many folders. I tried to install windows but I cant keep files bcs windows is installed on different directory. How to restore it to default, to give me owner permissions?

Sunday, May 28, 2017 3:31 PM

Answers

• Well seen the same kinda posts and (can't find them now) and needed a clean install to resolve.

So you mention 'I tried to install windows' so do you have a backup of all files docs safe games photos etc and all the apps to try do a clean install?

Sunday, May 28, 2017 10:32 PM

All replies

• Well seen the same kinda posts and (can't find them now) and needed a clean install to resolve.

So you mention 'I tried to install windows' so do you have a backup of all files docs safe games photos etc and all the apps to try do a clean install?

Sunday, May 28, 2017 10:32 PM
  • Hi,

Try to reset system to check the result at first. Note backup your important data in advance.

If no help, I am afraid that you need to use an installation media to execute a clean install, it’s convenient to create an installation media via Microsoft media creation tool.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 29, 2017 7:53 AM
  • Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:49 AM