Error enabling phone sign-in - "Something went wrong. Please try again later." RRS feed

  • Question

  • I belong to two organizations.  I am a global administrator of both.  I'm trying to set up the Authenticator app for phone sign-in on my primary organization and all I receive is the error mentioned in the title and in the screenshot below.

    If I remove my device from the workplace registration of my primary organization and set up phone sign-in on my secondary organization, it works just fine.  When I remove my device from my secondary organization and try to set up phone sign-in on my primary organization, it errors with this again.

    That would tell me that it's a setting somewhere in my AAD or O365, but I have no idea what to look for.  I've submitted the logs on Incident ID XGQ497HZ if anyone with access to that can look it up.

    Monday, May 1, 2017 4:01 PM

All replies

  • Hi

    For now, sign-in function is only supported Microsoft account. Please refer to this FAQ.

    You could not enable sign-in function for AAD accounts.



    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact

    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 3:04 AM
  • I received a message (rss feed somewhere, I can't find it now of course) that org accounts are now set up for this, so that's why I was trying it.  I'm also to configure phone sign-in with my other AAD account in my other organization.  I just don't have a workstation to sign into on that organization as I'm just the O365/SharePoint administrator.  here's some successful screenshots setting it up for my other org account.

    Thursday, May 4, 2017 9:51 PM
  • I have encountered the same.  While this post is old, the issue is very much alive.  I've attempted several times to work with Office 365 support to no avail.
    Monday, May 6, 2019 10:30 PM