none
Reporting error indicating corrupt system files RRS feed

• Question

• I'm receiving the following error when clicking the Reporting tab in the admin console:

An error occurred causing the reporting job on DPMSERVER2.int.bre.com to fail. The system files may be corrupt.

Retry the reporting task. If the problem persists, repair your DPM installation using the steps described in the DPM 2010 Deployment Guide.

ID: 3014

Does anyone know where this information is at?  A simple repair in Control Panel->ARP is not available.

Thanks.

Thursday, October 7, 2010 5:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• I found the repair procedure at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff399388.aspx.  However, doesn't the repair omit the step that requires you to re-establish SQL logins in the DPMDB database?  The new install will have a different SID than the original install, even though the name of the login is the same.  Without this, SQL login failures occur during reporting.

I'm still waiting to see if my original error is resolved.

Thursday, October 7, 2010 6:20 PM
  • Hi, As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered". Either the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios and will be marked as answer, or this post will be marked as answer in order to close the thread. Feel free to re-open the thread if you have additional information about this specific case or to open a new thread for a new case. In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks,

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 + 2012 Recipient

Monday, November 19, 2012 6:54 AM