none
Project Server 2010:- How to add Own Workspace filter in workspace web part like project server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am using project server 2010.

Can some one advise me how can I add Own Workspace filter option in workspace web part like project server 2007 which is showing all projects name page by page. There no filter option available. I am not sure if there is any out of box feature. 

Thanks in Advance..

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 4:11 PM

Answers

• Nitin,

I assume that your original question has been answered, and now you are asking a different queston?

Short answer.. no.. the Project center webpart will not work with filters in sharepoint. The visibility of projects in project center is controlled by the Project Server Security groups and categories. You will have to tweak those settings to decide which projects are seen by who.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 6:15 PM

All replies

• Nitin,

PS2010 shows by default the workspaces you have permissions to. Unfortunately, there is no more filtering options available.

The only solutions are to write a custom webpart, or develop your own SSRS Report, which you can customize the way you want.

Refer to Paul's excellent blog post on this topic here: http://pwmather.wordpress.com/2011/08/05/custom-projectserver-project-site-workspace-view-in-pwa-ps2010-ps2007-epm-msproject-ssrs/

Cheers,

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 5:03 PM
  • Thanks Prasanna,

Is this possible to create a project center view and filter the projects on the basis of current user login.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 6:12 PM
  • Nitin,

I assume that your original question has been answered, and now you are asking a different queston?

Short answer.. no.. the Project center webpart will not work with filters in sharepoint. The visibility of projects in project center is controlled by the Project Server Security groups and categories. You will have to tweak those settings to decide which projects are seen by who.

Cheers,

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 6:15 PM