Exchange mailbox permissions RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a shared Exchange 2007 mailbox which around 20 users have access to. 

However I have noticed that virtually everyone can access this.  I have checked the permissions via EMC and cannot see how they are getting access.  I also checked delegate access on the Outlook client but nothing.

How can I see how the users are getting access ?

Thanks

Bill

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:39 PM

Answers

• I sorted it with PFDAVAdmin.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Bill201 Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:57 AM
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:57 AM

All replies

• Please check the manage send as and full access permission of shared mailbox

Regards, Prabhat Nigam XHG and AD Architect and DR Expert Website: msexchangeguru.com VBC: https://www.mcpvirtualbusinesscard.com/VBCServer/wizkid/card

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 5:18 PM
  • You need to check you have granted everyone or some other group if they have receive as rights on the database, server level, org level etc and remove it. You can use adsiedit and work your way up from the database level, properties, security tab.

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 5:41 PM
  • Hi Bill,

When you create one new mailbox, will this issue occur or not?

If this issue also occur on new created mailbox, you can follow James's suggestion to check on the database, server or org level.

If this issue not occur on new created mailbox, please run these commands and post the results:

Get-mailboxpermission -identity usermailbox|fl

Get-Adpermission -identity usermailbox|fl

Thanks,

Evan Liu

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Evan Liu

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 6:33 AM
  • I sorted it with PFDAVAdmin.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Bill201 Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:57 AM