"Microsoft LDAP Directory" dialog while first start, how to stop it ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

For every new / non-configured user, when they start Outlook, below dialog box will be displayed.

Since users don't know the password to login DC for address book lookup.

Finally it will cause account "LDAP" lockout.

Once it's lockout, other configured users also failure to lookup to address book.

I would like to know how to cancel this box for new / non-configured user ?

Then IT colleague will configure it.

Thanks

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 7:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What's your email account type used in Outlook, Exchange account, IMAP account or others? If you are using Exchange mailbox, what's the detailed Exchange version in your environment?

I suggest we can create a new Outlook profile manually for the new user. Then use the new created profile and confirm if a Microsoft LDAP Directory window prompts or not. To create new Outlook Profile manually, please follow these steps:

1. Open Control Panel > Mail.
    2. Click Show Profiles, click Add to name a new profile.
    3. Setup email account in this new profile.
    4. After finishing the account setup, set "When starting Microsoft Outlook, use this profile: Prompt for a profile to be used".
    5. Open Outlook app, select new created profile to start it. Check if there is any issue.

Feel free to let us know the results.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, December 13, 2018 7:31 AM
  • Hi Winnie,

Can I do it through GPO ?

Since somebody may access Outlook but without password to access to address book, finally caused "LDAP" account lockout.

I have tried to find the which user / machine trigger lockout issue from Event Viewer but it only show locked by "AD server" only.

Thanks

Friday, December 14, 2018 8:12 AM
  • Hi,

I would like to confirm if creating a new profile as I replied previously can fix the issue or not. If there is no issue, I suggest you can check the following settings:

After you receive the "Microsoft LDAP Directory" dialog, click Cancel. Confirm if you can setup the email account successfully. Then open Control Panel > Mail, click Email Accounts, go to Address Book, if there is an Internet Directory Service (LDAP) listed, click Remove.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 9:32 AM