none
Problem with OCS certification RRS feed

• Question

• My Setup
    ---------------

1. I have a domain -> ocs.mil
    2. I have 3 servers on it.
        a. Active Directory + CA server + DNS Server.  (Admin, ip 192.168.17.182)
        b. SQL Server. ( Domain Name - sqlserver, ip 192.168.17.183 )
        c. OCS 2007 server. (Domain Name - ocsserver, ip 192.168.17.184)
    3. I have given proper access rights to the SQL as well as OCS server.
    4. Setup went of smoothly.
    5. During setup I sent a cert request from OCS server to my CA and issued the cert and assigned it to OCS server during installation.
    6. I have a client in same domain (Name - merlin, ip 192.168.17.5), I installed Office Communicator on it.
    7. I have manual connection type. I have selected TS, given the name of my OC server as the Internal Server)
    8. Now when I try to sign in, I get the error "There was a problem verifying the certificate from the server. Contact your network admin."
    9. I have checked on client PC, the ocsserver(my CA ) exisits in the trusted root cetificates folder.

WHAT DO I DO NOW ??? I NEED URGENT HELP PLZZZ....Any further details you want I can provide.

Ajay
    --
    Capt Fuloria Ajay
    • Changed type merlin_20116 Saturday, March 20, 2010 8:00 AM
    Saturday, March 20, 2010 7:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Ajay, after checking the issue, it seems this is a general OCS related issue. As this forum focuses on Windows SteadyState specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to OCS forum:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officecommunicationsserver

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Monday, March 22, 2010 3:21 AM