Tracking Time Optimization PS 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• We just switch from PS 2003 to 2010. We thought we had planned out a good way to track our time but we are currently have difficulties. We had a choice between Tasks and Timesheet. Neither one seemed like the best option for us:

Tasks - Seems to list a greater time range of tasks going on however there is no total by day nor can you track administrative time this way. Creating regulat projects for Admin time doesn't seem like a good idea.

Timesheet - easy to track admin time but apparently your tasks only show us if they are explicity scheduled for that week. In an ideal world we would have them scheduled out for the exact time period that work is being performed but it doesn't seem to work that way. We have about 40 active project for 35 staff. There are enough changes in the schedule that it is hard to have everything scheduled perfectly.

Am I missing something here as fard as time tracking options goes?

Thanks

Doug

Monday, April 11, 2011 5:17 PM

Answers

• I would suggest using Single Entry Mode.  This way you have one interface to track both your admin time (via timesheets) and status updates (via My Tasks).  Regarding your problem re tasks explicity scheduled for the week, within the timesheet, you can Insert a Row, and then Insert a Task (from another time period).  This would be the easiest way to go.

Regards,  Ben.

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web
    Monday, April 11, 2011 10:16 PM