error code 0x8007045d new vista install RRS feed

• Question

• I have bought the vista prmium and tried to install on a new build machine socket 754 amd sempron 64 1gb ddr 200gb hard drive gets tp expanding files 29% an get a error message cannot install files etc error code 0x8007054d can anyone healp please a i am now 5 hrs into trying than you
    Monday, March 5, 2007 7:18 PM

All replies

• Don't know if this will be helpful to you but perhaps it will help some poor suffering Google user who's happened upon this page in a search for answers.

I had the same problem with my setup (evga nForce 680i SLI mb, GeForce 8800 GTX, WD Raptor 150gb 2gb Corsair Twin2x2048-6400 RAM). I attempted install of Vista Ultimate x64 only to have it end in the same error after about 50%. I updated BIOS to latest version (p25) and was able to seemingly complete install, but then it crapped out and on restart I was left with missing BootMgr messages.

Many message boards suggested that the problem was with the speed of the burned ISO image. But a reburn and then even using a store bought DVD wouldn't solve the problem. So I tested the WD Raptor with WD's diagnostics program, ran the quick test and it returned an error and a suggestion to run a full media test, which subsequently found "too many errors to continue." I exchanged the drive for a new one and all went well.
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 10:57 PM
  • FWIW, an addendum to my above post. Can't say if this was directly related to my problem, but there is a known bug in nForce® 680i motherboards that causes errors in SATA drives. "NVIDIA strongly recommends that all customers upgrade their motherboards to this new BIOS, regardless of whether or not they have experienced this bug." The url is: 

http://www.nvidia.com/object/680i_hotfix.html
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 11:19 PM
  • How can I run the above update doing a windows vista clean install?
    Thursday, March 22, 2007 11:08 PM
  • Well I don't know if it'll help you any but that particular error code refers to an I/O error with copying the files....usually a specific file. I found that doing a full format of the drive(instead of just quick format) usually solves it, but I don't think vista even gives that option so I don't know of much to suggest.
    Monday, June 11, 2007 8:02 PM
  • for u who encounter this problem during the installation. Here is an answer. Somehow i think its nothing to do with the iso image or bios bugs,,,, its more like the build in buggy driver in vista. What i did was download the sata controller driver and put it in a removeable media. During the installation, manual install the HD driver, the the installation go smooth...wow... cheer to vista for its retail still like bata..............>.<

still cant believe i spend so much $$$$ to buy this so far the worst OS on the earth...

MS = moneysoft.... = make money 1st and pacth later.....

sorry about my language...... i have sent over 7 sleepless night try to get this problem fixed...

Monday, July 2, 2007 9:07 AM
  • I think most of you are wrong.

I recently bought a Dell Inspiron Mini 1010 and in attempting to do a clean install of Windows 7 Starter I got the same error code.

Got on the phone immediately with Dell's tech support, and a very pleasant lady from India (Chennai) had me repeat every step of the installation I had already attempted.

To make the story short, it looks like the problem is a defective hard drive.  Dell's shipping a brand new one to me, no more questions asked, and I will be able to do my clean install.

So... this error has nothing to do with the speed at which you burn your DVD/CD or anything like that, but with the ability of the installation program to write files to the drive.

Thursday, April 8, 2010 4:55 AM
  • When you try to perform a full backup on a Windows Vista-based computer, you may receive one of the following error messages before the backup of the first drive is complete:

"The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error (0x8007045D)
    Please rerun backup once issue is resolved."
    "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error (2147943517)
    Please rerun backup once issue is resolved."

Note: Error codes 2147943517 and 0x8007045D both represent the same "ERROR_IO_DEVICE" error. Find how to resolve this problem please visit above microsoft link.

Windows Vista/Enterprise or Windows Server 2008 System log every 40 minutes error

Following errors may be logged :

"Event ID: 13
    Event Source: TPM
    Event Type: Error
    Event Description: The device driver for the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) encountered a non-recoverable error in the TPM hardware, which prevents TPM services (such as data encryption) from being used. For further help, please contact the computer manufacturer."

"Event ID: 516
    Event Source: TBS
    Event Type: Error
    Event Description: An error occurred while communicating with the TPM. The driver returned 0x8007045d."

This problem caused: every 40 minutes, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista SP1 try to use the TPM chip to generate a random number. When the TPM chip returns an error for reasons other than the TPM chip being deactivated or disabled, the TPM driver and TBS log these errors in the System log.

Fix Microsoft Data Protection Manager 2007 issues

A tape backup job may fail after it fills up the first tape for certain tape drives. This issue occurs because some tape drives return a write error instead of an end-of-media error when the tape is full. you might see error messages:

ID 30001
    "The request could not be executed because of an I/O Device error (0x8007045D)"

ID 2033
    "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error (0x8007045D)"

microsoft forum have a thread to ask this error when backup to DVD, check it to see if that can help you. These are we get the informations to repair your windows 0x8007045D error number problems, hope it is helpful to you, if you haven't repaired this errors, please contact microsoft support for further help.

• Proposed as answer by neryl travei Thursday, July 15, 2010 11:28 AM
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 10:23 PM
  • I wanted to post my success on this error. I burned the downloaded .iso DVD at 12X and it produced this same error. I then slowed it down to 2X and the Vista disc worked without issue. The bad thing about this is that I ran into this exact same problem on my Windows 7 install and forgot!

Slow burn will set you free of this issue.

dt

Thursday, August 5, 2010 2:32 AM
  • I wanted to post my success on this error. I burned the downloaded .iso DVD at 12X and it produced this same error. I then slowed it down to 2X and the Vista disc worked without issue. The bad thing about this is that I ran into this exact same problem on my Windows 7 install and forgot!

Slow burn will set you free of this issue.

dt

I tried this and it worked for me :) I tend to do max speeds when burning ISO files to CDs or DVDs but lowing my speed like you mention worked and I had no problems and did not get an error codes while installing Windows Vista :)
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 6:55 PM