Reporting Fails @ 0% in Project Server 2016 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Dear Experts

    I have project plan in Project Server 2016 which always fails Reporting Job @ 0%

    CU Installed is March 2017

    Queue Error Message

    Reporting message processor failed:◦ReportingProjectChangeMessageFailed (24006) - 
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.. Details: id='24006' 
     QueueMessageBody='Project UID='641bc27b-e850-e711-8eab-02c9402e88f5'. 
     Error='Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' 

    ULS Log error message

    [bucketHash:7EE97916] SqlException occurred in DAL ([Data Source=;Initial Catalog=ProjectServer2016DB;Integrated Security=True;Enlist=False;Pooling=True;Min Pool Size=0;Max Pool Size=100;Connect Timeout=60;Packet Size=8000;Application Name=SharePoint[Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Queuing][2][WSS_Content_5002]]): class 16, state 1, line 1, number 1223, procedure xp_userlock, error code -2146232060, Exception: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot release the application lock (Database Principal: 'public', Resource: 'MSP Project Metadata_97cc2eea-ee59-48d8-b664-995bf2a4d446') because it is not currently held.    
     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)    
     at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)    
     at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)    
     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)    
     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest)    
     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)    
     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite)    
     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()    
     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Data.SqlSession.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlCommand command, SqlInfoMessageEventHandler handler)    
     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Data.SqlSession.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlCommand command)    
     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.DataAccessLayer.SqlSessionManager.SqlSessionAdapter.<>c__DisplayClass1.<ExecuteStoredProcedureNonQuery>b__0()    
     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.DataAccessLayer.SqlSessionManager.SqlSessionAdapter.RetryableExecuteHandlerWithSession(Action retryableAction, Boolean allowRetry)    
     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.DataAccessLayer.SqlSessionManager.SqlSessionAdapter.LogSpecificSqlExceptions(Action action)  ClientConnectionId:823bf2f7-d6f3-4db9-ad8d-230efcff0189  Error Number:1223,State:1,Class:16

    Below Steps tried to resolve the issue but no luck

    1. SaveForSharing

    2. uploaded the project plan via project import wizard with new name

    3. Deleted ONLY from Publish DB and published again

    Any idea to resolve the issue?



    Wednesday, June 14, 2017 2:16 PM


  • Due to there was some corrupted assignments. i have identified this deleting one by one.

    However i dont see any issues with tasks 



    Monday, June 19, 2017 3:59 PM

All replies

  • Hi santosh,

    This can be due to corrupted baseline or orphan assignments..

    Below some references which might help you out:


    Hope this helps,

    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

    Wednesday, June 14, 2017 4:41 PM
  • Hi Guillaume

    Thanks for your reply

    Before posting this issue, first thing i was checked orphan baseline records



    Wednesday, June 14, 2017 4:59 PM
  • Hi Santosh,

    Though I think you must have already checked but just for cross confirmation,did you check the following -

    Any required custom field is having blank value.Reason could be because look up table values have been updated recently and the custom field may be referring to that particular value which is changed/deleted from lookup tables.

    I faced the same kind of error few months back and the reason was as mentioned above.


    Thanks, Ashish Tyagi

    Monday, June 19, 2017 3:35 PM
  • Due to there was some corrupted assignments. i have identified this deleting one by one.

    However i dont see any issues with tasks 



    Monday, June 19, 2017 3:59 PM