Windows 7 laptop hard shuts down each time it goes to sleep or lid is closed. RRS feed

• Question

• Windows 7 laptop crashes each time it goes to sleep or I close the lid.  I have tried to correct via a hotfix but that did not work.  Please help.  Laptop is 8 months old, and this started happening about 1 month ago.  I did not install anything new.
    Friday, February 28, 2014 9:17 PM

Answers

• Dell is an independent company and has sole responsibility for support of their products.  Microsoft does not issue patches for problems that are unique to Dell products.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Monday, March 17, 2014 1:15 AM
    Saturday, March 1, 2014 12:11 PM

All replies

• What is the make/model of your laptop? Have you checked with the manufacturer's website to see if this is a known issue or if there is a recall? 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, February 28, 2014 9:27 PM
  • You laptop is covered by a manufacturer's warranty which includes Technical Support.  You problem could be either a hardware failure problem or a hardware configuration problem.  In either case the manufacturer is the appropriate source for warranty service.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Friday, February 28, 2014 9:29 PM
  • It is a Dell XPS 13, no recalls.  There seems to be a lot of threads about people with Windows 7 having blue screen and crash problems when their computers go to sleep.  I was hoping Microsoft had another patch or hotfix I could try
    Friday, February 28, 2014 9:35 PM
  • It is a Dell XPS 13, no recalls.  There seems to be a lot of threads about people with Windows 7 having blue screen and crash problems when their computers go to sleep.  I was hoping Microsoft had another patch or hotfix I could try
    Friday, February 28, 2014 9:35 PM
  • Dell is an independent company and has sole responsibility for support of their products.  Microsoft does not issue patches for problems that are unique to Dell products.

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Monday, March 17, 2014 1:15 AM
    Saturday, March 1, 2014 12:11 PM