none
Office 2013 Contact Card Settings GPO not taking

Question

• I am creating a GPO to modify the contact card in Outlook. Seems like it should be straightforward. Add the AD attribute, add the MAPI attribute, and change the label to be what you want it to be. Now it gets odd. I make the change and the setting is listed as "Not Configured" no matter what I do. When I go into GPMC to view the settings on the GPO it shows the settings that I adjusted. It isn't working though as I guessed it would not. All other options within the office template work as they should. I have tried this from multiple DCs just to make sure it is not something broken on the console. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? This is the path to the settings. User Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Microsoft Office 2013\Contact Card\Contact Tab
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 4:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    Have you run gpupdate /force command to force the GPO applied? if not, please try.
    If you have done that, then run gpresult /h command to view the group policy report if the GPO is applied successfully on the clients.
    If the GPO is not applying, you could check the following article for common reasons to try troubleshooting:
    10 Common Problems Causing Group Policy To Not Apply
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/22457.10-common-problems-causing-group-policy-to-not-apply.aspx
    And you could check if MS16-072 is installed on clients and domain controllers which might cause user group policy not working, if that is the case, please use the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC.MSC) and add the Authenticated Users group with Read Permissions on the Group Policy Object (GPO). If you are using security filtering, add the Domain Computers group with read permission. Please see: https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/3163622
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 30, 2017 6:00 AM
  • I updated the Office 2013 templates to the latest version and tried again. I still cannot see the settings when I go into the edit screen however the settings are now at least applying. Not seeing them in the edit screen is irritating but not something I am going to worry about right this second.
    Friday, March 31, 2017 4:16 PM
  • Hi,
    If you want to see if the group policy is applied from gpeditor.msc on local, it would not be viewed by design, as only security setting could be seen from local editor when you configure from GPMC on DC.
    You could view the group policy result by running gpresult /h command on local client.
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, April 03, 2017 5:20 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions. If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Friday, April 07, 2017 9:08 AM