ksthunk.sys is being used as device for all non working sound drivers after total recovery due to virus attack by company saying they were you. RRS feed

• Question

• Machine froze up and company's name and phone number as well as your Microsoft trusted Partners logo showed up. Paid the $186 to update my warrantee for one year and I allowed them access to entire system. They were to call me next month to check on my system. And that is when they showed me all of my Microsoft devices were stopped and it would cost $1000 to fix. I said no thank you and did  clean recovery boot. But I cannot get any of my sound tools too work because they say they are missing a playback device and there is something stopping my devices from loading. I am handicapped and rely on my sound system with the microphone either on my headset or in my Inspirion 14z. My system is out of warrantee. Is there anything I can do other than wait for a couple months until I can save enough Social Security  to buy another system? Thank You in advance. Mark Martin Bedford Pennsylvania
    Thursday, April 21, 2016 5:29 PM

Answers