Mail Subject Shows UTF8 characters when mail sent from SMTP server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are developing asp.net tool which consists of functionality to send notification mails to users across the world.

There is facility provided in the application to translate communication in Simplified Chinese/ Traditional Chinese and Korean languages and publisher can select for which countries notification mails should be published.

When publisher publish mails by default it will be sent in English, but if publisher wants to publish it to specific countries with translation then the mail will contain Translated body with English separately and also subject line will contain Translated language words along with English words.

Now the problem is all users across world receives this translated communication properly but when it is published to China users then subject line will show UTF8 characters. Rest all parameters like To, From, Attachment, Body displays everything properly. Only subject will show these encoded characters

We tried to add below line of codes in the SMTP mail sending functionality for Subject but it made no difference

message.subjectEncoding = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8

We also compared the outlook settings of different regions including Outlook version, Language settings, International Language settings, Regional Settings and found to be same.

Can any one help regarding this.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards, Chetan Navale | Atos India | chetan.navale@hotmail.co.in | 91-9373364792

Thursday, March 1, 2018 5:07 AM

All replies

• Hi 

Can you explain the inbound mail flow architecture in this deployment.

We require this in order to see where the UTF interception is happening.

This might happen even from your email gateway

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on http://exchangequery.com Thanks Sathish (MVP)

Thursday, March 1, 2018 8:24 AM