conexant high definition audio problems with new Vista Service Pack RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a new Thinkpad and last week I downloaded the most recent big Vista Service Pack and after it was done installing I got a message saying that I have no audio output device installed.  I attempted to uninstall and reinstall the driver, and instead it came up with error messages saying that it could not install it.  So now I am stuck with a computer with no sound - anybody have any ideas???
    Tuesday, July 8, 2008 2:11 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Changes to Sound Behavoir may occur because Windows Vista SP1 updates system files and many inbox device drivers to improve device reliability. To do this, the service pack will reinstall many device drivers at the end of the installation process. Some older drivers may experience an installation failure because of this process.

To resolve this problem, please read the following KB article and use the methods in the order in which they are presented. After you try each method, determine whether you can hear sound. To do this, play an audio file by using a program such as Windows Media Player.

You experience problems with sound after you install Windows Vista Service Pack 1

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/948481/en-us

Thanks,

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 6:06 AM