Windows Server 2016 WSUS - Ugrade Windows 10 from 1511 to 1709 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've installed a brand new Server 2016 Essentials offline and I want to deploy update to the Windows 10 1511 computer to upgrade it to 1709. The win10 computer is in the wsus console but didn't take any patch and says that they are missing 10 patches. When I do the "check updates" on win10 computer I got the error 0x0x80240fff. I checked a lot of information on technet and other website but I can't find good information for Windows 2016 and NOT windows 2012R2. For example. the ESD trick in IIS is already applied on windows 2016. In my WSUS console I've seen the "Feature update to Windows 10 1709,en-us", but I've seen it two time with same name and same revision. I've declined one of them. But WSUS told me that this update is already superseded by another one. Why ?  What can I do to debug this issue ? 

thanks.

Jon

MCITP Enterprise Administrator / Server Administrator

Thursday, April 19, 2018 10:48 AM

Answers

• Hi, 

I fixed it. It needed to declined every feature update, in order to fully update my 1511 computer, and then renable the feature update. 1709 was installed successfully.

Friday, April 20, 2018 8:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you refer to this link to toubleshoot:
    https://www.easeus.com/backup-recovery/windows-10-will-not-update-with-error-code-0x80240fff.html

In addition, what's the two same name and same revision updates, did you check whether it has been replaced by another in the catlog?
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 20, 2018 5:40 AM
  • Hi, 

I fixed it. It needed to declined every feature update, in order to fully update my 1511 computer, and then renable the feature update. 1709 was installed successfully.

Friday, April 20, 2018 8:41 AM