none
Why is the Entire Comman Ribbon Grayed out in My Approval Center? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using MS Project Server 2010 with timesheets (SEM mode). I am a Timesheet Manager, Project Manager, and Administrator on the server.

Upon checking my approval center today I see status updates for my projects, and timesheet submissions waiting for my approval, however the entire command ribbon at the top is completely grayed out, so I am unable to accept or reject any of the updates. Why would  this be?

I checked all my Project Manager permissions and categories and initially found one or two that I thought might be causing the issue, so I changed them. I now have EVERY permission allowable for a Project Manager, Resource Manager, and Administrator, but still the command ribbon is grayed out and I cannot accept or reject any of the items listed in the approval center.

Anybody know what permission denial is causing this?

Thanks.

Judy  

Judy Washington

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 3:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Judy,

I don't think it's permission issue, try selecting only 1 status update. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Try deleting your IE cache.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 3:35 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

I selected just 1 issue, still grayed out.

I cleared my IE cache. Same thing. Grayed out.

I had another PM check his approval center. No problems for him.

Judy Washington

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:14 PM
  • I remember there is one issue related to 61 days

Task in the Approval View has a start date exactly 61 days prior to the current date, do you find anything in your list?

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:36 PM
  • Not sure I understand the question. The start dates for the tasks in my approval center range from 1/3/13 to 4/3/13. Some of the items are status updates (for tasks that already exists), some are requests to add tasks, and some were timesheet approvals. They were all sent to me for approval between 3/29 and 4/2.

Judy Washington

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:42 PM
  • Here is the similar thread.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectserver2010general/thread/7e3190d2-27eb-4682-b93f-cf03897c2961

Look for Andrew Lavinsky's response

Blog | < | LinkedIn

• Marked as answer by Judy IPD Wednesday, April 3, 2013 12:36 PM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:43 PM
  • Thanks Hrishi.

Not sure if this solves my problem because I don't have any tasks that start or end exactly 61 days prior to today (which would be Jan 31st, 2013), but it's still good info. The thread also said there may be a AD sync issue (whatever "AD" means) that resolves itself so maybe I will give it a day and see what happens.

Thanks for your input.

Judy Washington

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:07 PM
  • Sure. AD sync is referred to Active Directory sync which PWA admins use to sync users in PWA

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:17 PM
  • Oh, ok. We are not using AD so that's probably not my issue either. *sigh*.

Thanks for your help Hrishi.

Judy Washington

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:26 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

Just wanted to give you an update. Today my approval center is working fine. So I guess that means it was related to the 61 day bug that you advised me about. I had a task that was 63 days old, not 61 days, but still when I checked my approval center today everything is working fine.

Thanks so much for all your help on this!

Judy

Judy Washington

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 12:39 PM
  • You are most welcome  and thanks for the update Judy. On the same thread there is some discussion around 63 days as well. I am glad your issue has been resolved.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 3:55 PM
  • Please also see Brian's post in this thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectserver2010general/thread/7e3190d2-27eb-4682-b93f-cf03897c2961

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

Saturday, April 6, 2013 2:53 AM