none
Selected resources RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am very, very new to Project Professional. If it matters, we use 2010 version.

There is a Resource that displayed in Selected Resources but not in the main Resource list.

Do Selected Resources pull from a previous log-in? And if that person in Selected Resources was since removed from the main Resource list, we do or we don't need to remove them from the system?

Thanks!

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 3:02 PM

All replies

• Hi MegMarie,

Where exactly do you see "selected resources"? Are you working only with MS Project or are you using it connected to Project Server?

Please give us more information and we'll be pleased to help you.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 3:12 PM
  • I think it's connected to Project Server and that's where it's showing. One of my coworkers is asking me and i am too new to know what to advise him. 

So they see our project screen in the project server, with all the resources displayed showing the resource names, their IDs, who they report timesheets to, etc. Then over on the right in a pane is where he sees the "Seletcted Resources" box.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 3:19 PM
  • Thus I guess you are refering to the resource center in the Project Web Access (PWA).

It might be that you have a filter activated on your resource center view, filtering the selected resource. Filtering out resources do not unselected those resources, meaning that they will still be displayed under the "selected resources".

Just try to remove the filter. 

See on my screenshot:

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 3:33 PM
  • Yes, in PWA.

So it should not be someone to remove from the system: he wouldn't be in our system since he doesn't display in Resource Name list.

The Selected Resource Filter displays whoever was selected as a resource when that filter was previously used.

Just making sure I completely understand before I explain it.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 4:45 PM
  • Just to be clear:

• The left part on the resource center (refer to my screenshot above) displays resources from the resource pool based on the group and filter from the ribbon.
    • The right part on the resource center displays selected resources. The resources are selected using the check-boxes in the first column. Note that the selected resources in the right part ARE NOT the resource filtered thanks to the filter in the ribbon. Filters will be applied on the left selection. Clicking on the column header of this first column, you can select or clear the selection.

That being said, a resource in the right part of the resource center cannot be a resource removed from the system. It has to be a resource in the resource center that has been selected from the left part. If you can't find it in the resource list, be sure that you don't have any filter (as mentionned in my previous reply).

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 4:53 PM
  • Thank you for explaining!

I will advise my coworker to select "Clear All" in the first column which should clear his Selected Resources box.

I'm testing this on my computer but don't see the resource in question in the left part of my screen.  There are no filters applied in Resource view. I toggled thrugh different selections to see if that would make a difference but it didn't. Could there be another reason?

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 6:15 PM
  • If there is no filter selected in the view, you should also look directly at the view definition in Server settings/manage views (need admin rights to access this section). A filter might have been defined directly in the view configuration, which cannot be deactivated from the resource center, since it is defined at enterprise level.

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 6:17 PM