DayZ Crash - Insufficient Quota to Complete the Requested Service. RRS feed

• Question

• I have DayZ Standalone and DayZ Mod. I have a fairly new computer too: CPU: AMD FX-6300, GPU: MSI R9 270X 2GB Gaming Edition, RAM: 8GB Vengeance Black, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB. I have a capable PC to run these games but EVERY time I try to play, anywhere from 1-20 minutes in, it crashes and gives me the error, "Insufficient quota to complete the reqested service." I have tried a full reinstall and restart, and I force close everything that is not needed to play, then I can play DayZ for hopefully 30 minutes, then it crashes again. I've tried Yahoo answers, Bohemia Interactive's Forums, as well as DayZ forums, and Tom's Hardware, and nobody has been able to help me. Please, PLEASE help me. I've spent $55 total on these games and can't play either one.

Btw: I only get this crash on DayZ and DayZ Standalone. No other games do this to me.

Saturday, August 2, 2014 1:32 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Check the event viewer to see the recent error events. There would be some record about this problem.

For this kind of issue, we can try to increase the size of virtual memory to see how it works:

1.Open System by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.

2.In the left pane, click Advanced system settings. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3.On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.

4.Click the Advanced tab, and then, under Virtual memory, click Change.

5.Clear the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.

6.Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.

7.Click Custom size, type a new size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, click Set, and then click OK.

I suggest you increase the size to 1.5 or 3 times of physical memory.

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Michael_LS Wednesday, August 13, 2014 12:29 PM
    Monday, August 4, 2014 9:00 AM

All replies

• AM

IF you are overclocking STOP.  WPR will find out what it is but you cant leave it running for 30 mins (the file would be huge) so I suggest you run it just prior to when the problem starts

In order to diagnose your problem you will need to download and install the below

Install the WPT (Windows Performance Toolkit) 
    Help with installation (if needed) is here

When you have, open an elevated command prompt and type the following 
    WPRUI.exe (which is the windows performance recorder) and check off the boxes for the following:

First level triage (if available), CPU usage, Disk IO.

If your problem is not CPU or HD then check off the relevant box/s as well (for example networking or registry)  Please configure yours as per the below snip

Click Start

Let it run for 60 secs or more and save the file (it will show you where it is being saved and what the file is called)

Zip the file and upload to us on Onedrive (or any file sharing service) and give us a link to it in your next post.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Saturday, August 2, 2014 1:41 AM
  • Hi,

Check the event viewer to see the recent error events. There would be some record about this problem.

For this kind of issue, we can try to increase the size of virtual memory to see how it works:

1.Open System by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.

2.In the left pane, click Advanced system settings. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3.On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.

4.Click the Advanced tab, and then, under Virtual memory, click Change.

5.Clear the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.

6.Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.

7.Click Custom size, type a new size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, click Set, and then click OK.

I suggest you increase the size to 1.5 or 3 times of physical memory.

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Michael_LS Wednesday, August 13, 2014 12:29 PM
    Monday, August 4, 2014 9:00 AM