none
Do not have Permission to create / Save files & Folders

Question

• I have created a Windows 2012 VM. If I login as Administrator initially created when I created the VM, I have no issue.

But I have created another User Account and made it Member of Administrators Group.  When I login as that User and try to create a File or Folder, I get a message that I do not have Permission to create / Save the file or Folder.

Monday, September 12, 2016 4:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi EsmailSadeghi,

>>I get a message that I do not have Permission to create / Save the file or Folder.

I have created a new VM 2012 on my Hyper-V machine then test your issues by repeat your steps, found no issues with the new account, creating and saving files or folders.

For your issue, I suggest you could please refer to the following steps to troubleshooting:

1>If this machine is domain joined, I'd first check if the new created account is belongs to the local admin groups(although it is always automatic join in the local admin group if the machine joined the domain).

2>Second, checking the user account's properties->Profile to see if you have used roaming profile for this account, if so, repair it then try again.

Below is a link about Roaming profile:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb776897(v=vs.85).aspx

3>Check your current Disk to see if your new account has the permission to access it.

For how to check, please refer to link below:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb456977.aspx

4>Using gpresult /r to check how many GPOs your current VM has applied, if you could shown us the detailed usage I suppose it would be very helpful for further assistances.

5>Open the powershell console shell with elevated privilege, then run this command:

New-Item -ItemType Directory -Name test

to see if you could create folders or files or current driver or another driver, for instance: D,E.

6>If your machine is not domain joined, just check or create a new account then add it into the local admin group to see if it helps.

Besides, if the above methods doesn't help, I need you to answer more question for me for further help:

1.How did you create this VM? Copy from a template or downloading a new image from Microsoft official site?

If you need to download from the official site, please take a look at link below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/evalcenter/evaluate-hyper-v-server-2012

2.Did all of the others new created accounts has the same issue?

3.Did this VM is a totally fresh machine or with some special applications in?

Hoping to get more feedbacks from you.

Best regards,

Andy_Pan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:42 AM
  • Hi,

1. There is no domain, only one standalone server, Windows 2012.

2. You said: "6>If your machine is not domain joined, just check or create a new account then add it into the local admin group to see if it helps.".  I did create a new user and added to Administrators Group.  The Administrator account that was originally created does not have this problem.  But the one I created & put in Administrators Group does!

3. I created the VM from the Image available on Azure Porta.

4. I have not created another user account.  But I believe they all will be the same way.

5. Just created the VM.

Thanks, Esmail

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 6:29 PM
  • Hi,

I have built a new VM from Azure for your issue, testing found no issues.

See figure below:

So, I suggest you could try to rebuild your VM to see if it helps.(rebuild takes about 15mins,not too long )

Remember to backup data before rebuilding if you need.

Best regards,

Andy_Pan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 6:59 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the information provided should be helpful. If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

BTW, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Best regards,

Andy

Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:55 AM