none
DPM 2010, can backup a system in Cluster of Microsft 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All

I have  a system in cluster with windows 2008 R2 and I have the need of do a backup of this system.

This system have the next configuration
    I have two servers with windows 2008 R2 and I have the service Microsoft SQL 2005 in cluster and application SAP.

The Data protection manager tool 

Can you backup of my servers in line and Can you recovered my system.?

example.

Run backup my servers and in case of a crash of my system, with this tool, I can you recovering my system and this applications that  I have in cluster.

atte.

Gerardo Ceballos

Saturday, July 2, 2011 5:38 PM

Answers

• HI,

Yes, the best way to protect both the cluster nodes and the SQL databses is to create two protection groups in DPM.

PG1 - Cluster node BMR - in this PG, you protect both cluster nodes using BMR backup.  You probably just need to perform a backup weekly.

PG2 - SQL database backups - In this PG you protect the SQL databaes in the cluster - You choose the best synchronization frequency and express full backup schedule to meet your SLA.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Saturday, July 2, 2011 10:22 PM

All replies

• HI,

Yes, the best way to protect both the cluster nodes and the SQL databses is to create two protection groups in DPM.

PG1 - Cluster node BMR - in this PG, you protect both cluster nodes using BMR backup.  You probably just need to perform a backup weekly.

PG2 - SQL database backups - In this PG you protect the SQL databaes in the cluster - You choose the best synchronization frequency and express full backup schedule to meet your SLA.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Saturday, July 2, 2011 10:22 PM

• Hello Mike

Thanks for your answer.

Have you tested this solution in a system in cluster ?

My first concern is that, I execute the backup of my cluster and can´t restore the system.

There some site where I can find more information about this tool.

atte.

Gerardo Ceballos

Thursday, July 7, 2011 11:41 PM