none
How to create an Icon/button in MSP 2010 Ribbon for macro RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are migrating into Microsoft Project Server 2010. We want to create a macro Icon visible to Client Project Professional when get connected to MSPS 2010.

Actually I am able to create an Icon for Macro via checking out the Enterprise global but that Macro Icon is not visible enterprise wide to other users when they connect thu Project Pro 2010, its limited to my application only.

Please share some thought to create a macro Icon for in MSPS 2010 which should be available to all users who connects to instance.

Thanks,

Faisal Imam (+91 8880376276)

Monday, January 10, 2011 1:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• Go to PWA / Server Settings

Under Enterprise Data  click Enterprise Global

Click on "Configure Project Professional"

Project Professiona comes up and and put your changes in and Save.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Monday, January 10, 2011 4:19 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Thanks for your quick response. I tried your sugession but this didn't helped to resolve the issue. The changes I made on Ribbon while checked out the Enterprise Global, didnot saved hence did not reflects on the enterprise level.

I am not sure but it seems ribbon is not a part of Enterprise global in MSPS 2010, since its not found in the list of items under Server Setting/Enterprise Global page.

Customizations of the following items are made from within Project Professional: Grouping, Maps, Tables, Filters, Views, Reports, Modules

However I found the follwoing link from MSDN sites, which talks on similar issue.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff641914.aspx

Please suggest if you have any other easy solution to this issue.

Thanks,

Faisal Imam

+91 8880376276

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 10:25 AM
  • Faisal:

You are correct that the e-Global does not suppor custom ribbon distribution. It would be nice if it did. The only answer is to save the custom ribbon definition file, put it in a place where everyone can access it, and have each user import it into their system. The other approach would be use a macro in the e-global that runs on an event and installs the menu customizations for you.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Friday, January 14, 2011 4:04 PM