none
Scheduling problems in MS PROJECT 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can any one help me,

I have created a new calender in project server 2010, and given work week from 7am to 3pm, but when i am using that calender my auto scheduled tasks are behaving differently if i give duration as 1day task  is taking as 2 days, i have read some posts and tryed the schedule options in project professional 2010 but no Luck, I am attaching here with the images.

vijay kommireddi

• Edited by kumar ksv Wednesday, April 2, 2014 10:45 AM
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 10:44 AM

Answers

• Vijay --

Click Project > Project Information.  In the Start Date field, enter the date AND the time the project starts and then click the OK button.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 12:51 PM
  • Vijay --

When you specify the calendar values in an existing project, you need to manually change the time in the Start Date field in the Project Information dialog.  If you specified the calendar options for all new projects, then every new project will use the calendar options you set.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by kumar ksv Thursday, April 3, 2014 4:45 AM
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 2:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have found one thing the project plan is taking 8AM as a start time it is not taking taking 7AM can, do i need to enable any where for the same i have already added in project professional.

vijay kommireddi

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 11:29 AM
  • Vijay --

Click Project > Project Information.  In the Start Date field, enter the date AND the time the project starts and then click the OK button.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 12:51 PM
  • Thank you,

Dale Howard,

Project professional will not take automatically from EP Calender ? the start time we need give like this only.

vijay kommireddi

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 1:38 PM
  • Vijay --

When you specify the calendar values in an existing project, you need to manually change the time in the Start Date field in the Project Information dialog.  If you specified the calendar options for all new projects, then every new project will use the calendar options you set.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by kumar ksv Thursday, April 3, 2014 4:45 AM
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 2:31 PM