How to force applcation to launch/load when windows starts up RRS feed

• Question

• How can i force an APP-V application to load in the background when Windows loads. Like on a reboot for example? I have a network based app that needs to be running in the background. Is there a way to do this?

me

Friday, October 12, 2012 8:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• Use a login script through Group Policy that passes 

"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\SFTTRAY.exe" /HIDE /LOADALL

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

• Edited by RorymonMVP Friday, October 12, 2012 8:48 PM
    Friday, October 12, 2012 8:46 PM
  • scratch that I think I misinterpretted what you were saying. You only want one application? And you don't really want it to load? You want it to actually launch? You can do that by having a command in the run reg key:

"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\SFTTRAY.exe" /HIDE /LAUNCH "APP NAME"

I would not suggest doing that though. I tried it a couple of times, App-V doesn't support Boot time services for a reason.

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Friday, October 12, 2012 9:08 PM
  • Another method that you might be able to use, so that the application starts after a short delay at logon. Use Task Scheduler to run the command line Rory has posted above, create a trigger that launches the application 'At log on' and set 'Delay task for' a value such as 15 seconds.

Which ever method that you use, you'll need to update the task/shortcut if the application name changes. Group Policy Preferences should allow you to create scheduled tasks.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, October 12, 2012 10:27 PM
  • Hello,

You could use the autoload-feature, which is per-client and not per-package though...

http://www.leodesk.com/blog/2011/9/managing-the-automatic-loading-of-app-v-packages.aspx

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Sunday, October 14, 2012 9:45 PM