none
WMI Filter for domain group in local group, for GPO Filtering

Question

• Hi All! 

I have a domain group, lets say dg1

and i am adding this group to local Administrators groups on my PC's in the domain.

I have a GPO that does that for me, and i would like to filter that, so that it only process that GPO, if the group is not yet in the Administrators. Can you tell me how to create a WMI filter for that? I was looking for it in multiple forums, but can't find something like that. 

I am using GPO WMI Filters, so that can't be done via a script

And Ideas?

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:01 PM Move to more appropriate forum
    Thursday, March 19, 2015 1:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• GPO restricted Groups and GPP added groups do that automatically.  You do not need too do anything.  Post GP questions in the GP forum.

Note that a GPO is processed and combined with other GPOs.  The only way to prevent this is to disable the GPO.  Windows optimizes GPOs very nicely. You don't have to worry about this.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Edited by jrv Thursday, March 19, 2015 2:23 PM
    Thursday, March 19, 2015 2:21 PM
  • Well, they do not.

Maybe policies do not change settings again, but they are processed, and it takes a lot of time to process the GPO

Thursday, March 19, 2015 2:23 PM
  • Well, they do not.

Maybe policies do not change settings again, but they are processed, and it takes a lot of time to process the GPO

C'mon.  I have hundreds of GPOs bigger than that one and they all work very fast. 

Anyway - it is still a GP question so ask in the GP forum.  Besides the question you are asking is ambiguous. A GP is not in an adminstrators.?? 

Are you saying you don't want it to apply to memebers of the administrators group?  Before posting in the GP forum try to make your question a little clearer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Edited by jrv Thursday, March 19, 2015 3:04 PM
    Thursday, March 19, 2015 3:02 PM
  • I did make my question clear. Please read it carefully,

And that is not a GPO question, i am asking how to make a WMI Filter that says -> if dg1 not in administrators, then true.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 3:19 PM
  • A WMI filter is not a script it is part of a GPO.  It is defined on the GPO and stored with the GPO.

Please post you question in the correct forum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thursday, March 19, 2015 3:41 PM
  • Besides that WMI cannot fulfil your request, what is taking a long time
    exactly? Configuring local users and groups usually takes less than a
    second...

Greetings/Grüße, Martin

Mal ein gutes Buch über GPOs lesen?
    Good or bad GPOs? - my blog…
    And if IT bothers me - coke bottle design refreshment (-:
    Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:49 PM