Sync your Outlook Folder with OneDrive for Business RRS feed

• Question

• Would it possible to sync your Outlook folder ("C:\Users\username\Documents\Outlook Files") which contains all your .pst files to OneDrive by creating a junction via command prompt?

• Open CMD
    • type mklink /j "C:\Users\User Name\Documents\Outlook Files" "C:\Users\User Name\OneDrive - Company Name\Outlook

Would this work?

• Moved by Perry-Pan Thursday, March 29, 2018 5:27 AM
    Wednesday, March 28, 2018 3:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What's those .pst files? Archive .pst files or account .pst files?

According to my research and test, this is realizable. We could use this command to create a symbolic link as a path to another file.

Normally, for account pst files, it is not suggested to them in network folders which may leads to slow performance, data corruption or even data loss.

Besides, you could refer to the information under Symbolic Links section in this article. You may need to create symbolic links for single files each time.

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, March 29, 2018 5:29 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, March 30, 2018 8:18 AM
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 5:27 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 30, 2018 8:18 AM
  • Thanks for all your replies, but after thinking about this while I don't think it will work because OneDrive won't accept the file extension .pst unfortunately.
    Saturday, March 31, 2018 8:24 PM
  • Hi,

>>because OneDrive won't accept the file extension .pst unfortunately.

What do you mean by "won't accept the file extension .pst"? You cannot save pst files to OneDrive?

When I test this to move pst files to OneDrive folder, it is realizable.

Please feel free to tell me if you have more concern about this issue.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, April 2, 2018 1:24 AM