Event ID 13 Source ACPI Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I did a recovery using the HP recovery disc and reinstalled the whole system to a new harddisk. I am using a COmpq Presario V3633au laptop. After reinstalling the new system, I would see the MS green bar and the whole screen would black out with a cursor(which can be controlled) for about 3 to 5 mins before the desktop appears. Shutdown also takes about 3 to 5 mins. Previously before my hard disk failed, the bootup and shutdown time was not so long.

I had explorered many sites, updated the windows with all the updates including SP1. All my drivers were updated via HP website to the latest version. I have tried chkdsk /r and have run sfc /scannow command also. The sfc /scannow command reveals that there were corrupt files but they were unable to repair them. I have checked the cbs log but did not notice any corrupt files. I have disabled the acpi in the device manager and checked for update to the ACPI drivers. I have also tried safe mode boot and it was also similarly taking a long time.

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 7:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Since you installed the Windows Vista OS with the HP recovery disc instead of Microsoft retail setup CD, please first contact your OEM support (HP) to solve the problem in timely manner. Thanks for you time and understanding!

Meanwhile you might try the following steps to see whether it works on you problem.

Startup Repair from the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE)

1. Insert the Windows Vista installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer. 

2. Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …". appears.

3. Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next

4. Click Repair your computer

5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next

6. At the System Recovery Options Dialog Box, click on Repair your computer.

7. (Click the operating system that you want to repair), and then click Next.

8. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Startup Repair.

Hope it helps!

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Monday, May 4, 2009 3:29 AM
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:28 AM