Runas > But prompt RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a REG file that needs to be run as an administrator and also silently by using a BATCH file.

The running silent part I have figured out and I know how to RUNAS a user, but the way I currently know is the one where you have to edit the administrators name in before the file is run.

The purpose of this is for a number of desktop support technicians. I need to create a single file that they can run on users' PCs, but prompt them for their own administrator USERNAME and PASSWORD.

Or better yet, I need a way to make the REG file work without a ADM account.

BTW: The REG file configures Internet Explorer 8 to either Enable, Disable or Prompt for ActiveX controls to be run

• Edited by Willem Voigt Wednesday, November 7, 2012 1:16 PM
    Wednesday, November 7, 2012 1:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• The reason I don't want to RIGHT CLICK and selet RUN AS, is because I have created a number of fixes (batch and reg files) that I am going to embed in a single C# window. They technicians will then only need to click on the button corresponding to the name of the application that the user has an issue with, e.g. Internet Explorer. This one single button will run the Batch (which then runs the script).

Because of this button RIGHT CLICK is not possible and I need to write this into the BATCH command.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 1:22 PM
  • Hi,

Please check whether the following thread can help:

Run bat file in admin privilege

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ITCG/thread/e4424503-317c-44d1-8ecb-a40ad8796720/

In addition, since this issue is related to batch file, you can also ask it in script forum for more help.

Regards,

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:34 AM
    Monday, November 12, 2012 2:25 AM