Autoplay menu RRS feed

• Question

• after a recent upgrade I noticed that every time I inserted any media, the  auto run menu pops up and immediatly disappears. I'd like to know how to fix this. I've tried many of the "fixes" I've found on the net.
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 1:23 PM

Answers

• So, have you explored your anti-virus settings? Temporarily disable protection and connect a usb stick?

Did you install any 3rd party media software, players or such?

You only tried the easy fix.

Use system restore and restore to the point before the upgrade that caused this issue.

What was upgraded to cause it?

• Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, April 4, 2011 8:35 AM
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 8:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Wil,

Click Start=>Control Panel=>Hardware and Sound=>Autoplay 

Go to bottom left and click on the reset defaults and ok out.

You can return later and select\customize the behavior to your preferences.

Third party software for handling media and security software may alter those settings.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 1:58 PM
  • Thanks for the quick reply but I've tryied all of that. I still get the same results. I plug in for instance a USB Stick, The Menu Opens and Closes instantly. I did the  control panel, autoplay, Reset to all defaults, rebooted, no go, I set all of the items to ask me every time, no go, I know that it's not a big thing but I hate it when something doesn't perform as it should. 
    Wil
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 4:30 PM
  • So, have you explored your anti-virus settings? Temporarily disable protection and connect a usb stick?

Did you install any 3rd party media software, players or such?

You only tried the easy fix.

Use system restore and restore to the point before the upgrade that caused this issue.

What was upgraded to cause it?

• Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, April 4, 2011 8:35 AM
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 8:49 PM