Unable to protect content with Azure RMS. Error code 0x800704DC RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I set up a test environment with Azure AD tenant and enabled RMS subscription.

On the corporate side I have set up ADFS 3.0 server and ADFS Proxy in DMZ. I confirmed that ADFS authentication work externally, since I can log in to manage.windowsazure.com via ADFS login screen.

But, if I try to use RMS client to protect a document, I am asked for credentials and will get that error message.

unablr to protect content

There is no error messages on ADFS proxy or ADFS. I do not have access to logs "in Azure cloud" and I can't open a ticket with Azure support - it is a free trial...

Please, help me.

Slava

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 3:09 PM

All replies

• I have posted a similar message on another MSDN forum. Here is an update that I copied from there:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello Sadiqh.

There is no logs in %localappdata%\microsoft\msipc\logs on ADFS server. It is an empty folder.

Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer test for Office 365 single sign-on shows the error of root certificate/ This is because it is unable to connect to internal root CA to test the validity of fs.sadcomusa.com certificate, I believe:

MS Connectivity analyzer results

RMS Analyzer tool does not accept AD account in my test domain sadcomusa.com :

RMA Analyzer

and when I use sadcomusa.onmicrosoft.com account (which is Global Admin account for my Azure tenant), I receive the following response:

I was asked to make sure that "Forms Authentication" is selected for Intranet and Extranet on ADFS server. And it is:

Forms Authentication in ADFS

Also, I tried to change the Authentication settings in WAP from "AD FS" to "Passthrough":

WAP authentication settings

Which didn't fix the issue, but resulted in a different error (I tried to protect a document on ADFS server):

account not found

I am open to try any other suggestions. It does seem like ADFS-related problem...

Thank you.

Slava

Thursday, February 4, 2016 1:15 PM
  • Another piece of information.

When I try to use RMS application on iPhone, I can not go past this configuration screen. It comes back every time I hit "Continue":

RMS on iPhone

Thursday, February 4, 2016 1:48 PM
  • I am checking on the advice give here: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/9792482b-ccac-4781-b953-e789186a4380/how-to-configure-relying-party-trust-with-azure-ad?forum=WindowsAzureAD

about setting up Relaying party trust. Initially, I have selected one of the default trusts (login.microsoftonline.com), but since my ADFS is failing, I am trying to see if I need to create a custom trust instead:

Default replaying party trust

This is from Microsoft Azure:

Azure application

When I click on "Office365 Management API", here is what I got:

Where is the information? Do I need to have this application at all?

What shall I add here to make SSO work with RMS !?!?!

Thursday, February 4, 2016 7:56 PM