none
FIM MA password change -> out-of-sync sync rules? RRS feed

• Question

• I changed the password on my FIM MA connector for the first time since it was installed several years ago and suddenly had issues with provisioning not happening. I tracked it down to the sync rules in the metaverse not having the flags for creating/disconnecting resources in FIM/external system as appropriate, even though when I looked at the rules in the portal those boxes were checked. The timing of the attribute change on the rules goes back to the delta sync I ran after the password change (to verify the MA still connected successfully). I hadn't noticed the updates it did to the sync rules then. This happened in both my dev and production environments, so it's not a one-time fluke.

Environment: Server 2012 R2 w/MIM 2016 4.5.286

It appears that going into the portal, unchecking the boxes for creating/disconnecting, saving the rules, then opening them and re-checking them and saving again fixes the issue. Has anybody else experienced something similar?

Friday, April 5, 2019 6:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I haven't experienced exactly your scenario, but I have seen provisioning that stopped working.

Usually, I just open the Sync rules in the MV and do a manuel Full Sync then - this usually solves the problem.

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Monday, April 8, 2019 6:33 AM