Share DP, Boundaries groups and co-existance with CM07 while migrating RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I’m a bit confused with the migration process to ease the process with co-existance with CM07.

When I created my hierarchy source, only 1 primary server CM07 with Secondary sites and DPs, I enable the share DP on it.

This action as the impact of creating boundaries and boundaries groups automatically with an association with the Shared DP for CM07.

It will also add the Boundaries groups to the shared DP.

This means that my CM 2012 clients will be able to get sources from shared DP while they are not migrated as CM12 DPs. It will also allow CM07 clients to keep using them as source.

There is one thing that I need to confirm how it works.. .site assignment!

This is done on the Boundaries groups. By default, with the automatic creation of Share DP, it is uncheck for site assignment.

Will this mean that at the time to deploy the new client for a site, associated with the boundaries, that I will need to check the box?

Will leaving this blank prevent CM07 client to get assigned to CM12 as to boundaries groups will be used only to provide data to migrated clients?

Thanks for the clarification.

Monday, June 4, 2012 7:46 PM

Answers

• Boundary groups for site assignment will only be used when (a) automatically assigning clients to a site (SMSSITECODE=auto) or (b) using automatic client push (which only works for assigned resources). It has nothing to do with content or shared DPs etc.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Monday, June 4, 2012 8:10 PM