none
Outlook Web Access did not initialize RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have a lab environment at home. I recently uninstalled Exchange 2010 to re-install 2007.  Everything works fine apart from OWA.  OWA shows the following error when opening...

    Outlook Web Access did not initialize. An event has been logged so that the system administrator can resolve the issue. Please contact technical support for your organization.

    Invalid theme info file in folder '1'. Line 0 Position 0. XML parser error. Root element is missing. 

    I read a support document in regards to copying the theme files from the DVD to the install location but this hasn't helped.  As a last resort I deleted all mailboxes and uninstalled Exchange.  Built a brand new Windows server using the same name and then did a fresh install of Exchange 2007 but the issue still persists.  I presume there is some Exchange configuration in AD somewhere. I have tried uninstalling Exchange.  Deleting Exchange objects using ADSI Edit and then re-installing.  Still the same error persists.

    Any ideas?

    Monday, December 17, 2012 1:18 PM

Answers

  • I've not checked the IIS logs to be honest.  I know in the Windows event logs there's an entry stating the same error.  I'll check the IIS logs any more information.

    I am currently attempting to install a new install with a fresh copy of Exchange 2007 SP3 downloaded from Micrososft in case my media has an issue although this has halted for now as my remote desktop stopped working when I installed a plugin on my Remote Desktop Gateway server :(

    Monday, December 17, 2012 3:43 PM
  • Downloading SP3 from MS has fixed the issue.  I guess then my install media has corrupted at some stage :(
    Monday, December 17, 2012 10:23 PM

All replies

  • If it still happens after removing and reinstalling Exchange, it could well be something wrong with IIS. You might try removing/installing that. Or, it might be the MSXML or MSXML2 component, or whatever version they're up to now. Or, have a look at the IIS logs, and try to work out which file is causing the problem, and we can perhaps take a look at it.

    Mobile OWA For Smartphone
    www.leederbyshire.com
    email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

    Monday, December 17, 2012 2:06 PM
  • I have reinstalled Windows too though.  The server is running all the current patches to date.
    Monday, December 17, 2012 2:17 PM
  • Ah, I missed that bit. So you basically have a newly installed server, and it still happens? Is there anything else installed on there? Anti-virus, or third-party firewall?

    Did you find the iis log entries generated when you tried to log into OWA?


    Mobile OWA For Smartphone
    www.leederbyshire.com
    email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

    Monday, December 17, 2012 2:45 PM
  • I've not checked the IIS logs to be honest.  I know in the Windows event logs there's an entry stating the same error.  I'll check the IIS logs any more information.

    I am currently attempting to install a new install with a fresh copy of Exchange 2007 SP3 downloaded from Micrososft in case my media has an issue although this has halted for now as my remote desktop stopped working when I installed a plugin on my Remote Desktop Gateway server :(

    Monday, December 17, 2012 3:43 PM
  • Downloading SP3 from MS has fixed the issue.  I guess then my install media has corrupted at some stage :(
    Monday, December 17, 2012 10:23 PM