Connecting MS Presenter Mouse 8000 with in-built Bluetooth RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just bought a Presenter Mouse 8000 for use with a Dell laptop running Vista and with an in-built Bluetooth adapter.

When I search for the mouse with Bluetooth, it does not find it.

A slip of paper included with the mouse says I should install an update, which I presume to be Reliability update for USB stack in Windows Vista 32-bit (KB925528) , but when I try to install it, it says "This update does not apply to your system", although it is 32-bit Vista.

If I use the Microsoft Bluetooth dongle, it works, but the only reason for choosing a Bluetooth mouse was not to need a dongle that would get knocked and broken and block a USB port.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Roger

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 11:34 AM

Answers

• I called Microsoft and a German technician informed me somewhat gleefully that it couldn't possibly work and that I had bought the wrong product (what is German for Schadenfreude?) if I wanted to use it with an internal adapter.
    Apparently it doesn't use standard Bluetooth protocol because of the presenter functions.

Anyway, later I discovered that I had to hold the "Connect" button in for at least 5 seconds.
    Then it worked, including the presenter functions!

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 2:25 PM

All replies

• I called Microsoft and a German technician informed me somewhat gleefully that it couldn't possibly work and that I had bought the wrong product (what is German for Schadenfreude?) if I wanted to use it with an internal adapter.
    Apparently it doesn't use standard Bluetooth protocol because of the presenter functions.

Anyway, later I discovered that I had to hold the "Connect" button in for at least 5 seconds.
    Then it worked, including the presenter functions!

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 2:25 PM
  • Well the technician was wrong as mine worked with internal bluetooth for months, but last night it stopped and now requires the dongle which makes NO sense to me at all !!
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 11:53 AM