Two Taskbar Annoyances - Spacing & Moving Icons RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Windows 7 Fans,

After installing Windows 7 (64-bit) and using it for about a week I found the two items detailed
    below to be very annoying indeed. I have searched for a solution but found none so far.
    If any of you have a fix for them please enlighten me. Some simple changes in the registration
    file should do the trick but where exactly eludes me.

1.) I am using small icons for the programs pinned to my taskbar.
         The spacing between the icons is ridiculous, you could drive a bus through them.
         Half the current spacing would look far better and free up some space on the taskbar.
         (The spacing of the icons in the notification area on the right side is what I have in mind.)

2.) When opening a program from the taskbar the icons to the right of it get pushed further
         to the right. ARRRRRRRRGH. I would like my icons to stay put, that's one of the reasons
         I pinned them to the taskbar in the first place: to quickly and easily have access to them
         without a double-take to figure out where they have moved to this time around.

Cheers,
    Michael
    • Edited by Germaniac2 Saturday, November 7, 2009 2:35 AM added line 9
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 2:31 AM

Answers

•  Quick Launch Works Perfectly - Fixed Both of my Complaints

THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU, derosnec
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 10:47 PM

All replies

• #1 is caused by Win 7 not changing the size of the button the small icon resides on. Annoying and ugly for sure.
    Rich
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 7:11 PM
  •  Quick Launch Works Perfectly - Fixed Both of my Complaints

THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU, derosnec
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 10:47 PM
  • derosnec, my thanks also.

I now have a Quick Launch bar that does not take up half of the available Task Bar space. Looks and works just like it did in XP.

Rich
    Monday, November 9, 2009 3:05 AM
  • all this improvement is killing me ;-)
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 1:55 AM
  • all this improvement is killing me ;-)
    Send your comments and complaints - including of course lots of detail as to why the "new and improved way" complicates your life - to advocate@microsoft.com

Please do this, or Microsoft won't pay attention.

John

Wednesday, December 2, 2009 11:47 AM
  • OK,Exactly,what,I,am,saying,is,when,Ityp,on,a,letter,or,on,Facebook,the,sententence,will,not,let,me,space,all,myletters,go,together.?
    Monday, September 7, 2015 1:11 PM