none
Register DNS on DNS Server - Deploy SCCM client through VPN RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an issue with VPN workstation. The wks are in the domain, but I can't deploy the sccm client or manage it through the VPN because the computer didn't register into the DNS server. My only solution to bypass this issue is to check the box manually "Register this connection's addresses in DNS"

To do that (not manually, it's not possible for me), I have tried some scripts, some GPO, but nothing work, I have never see the computer registered on the DNS server (if I check manually, it's working of course). 
    I have tried this GPO but do nothing on W10 workstation:

I have also tried this script that I have found:

@ECHO OFF
    FOR /F "tokens=*" %%A IN ('REG Query HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /F "RegistrationEnabled" /V /S 2^>NUL ^| FINDSTR /R /B /C:"HKEY_"') DO (

REG ADD "%%A" /v RegistrationEnabled /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

)
    ::PAUSE
    PING 127.0.0.1 -n 6 >NUL 2>&1 || PING ::1 -n 6 >NUL 2>&1
    ::Register
    IPCONFIG /REGISTERDNS

It's working, it changed the value of RegistrationEnabled to 1, so my laptop can registered to the DNS server, but when I run the VPN connection, the value changed all the time to 0, so no DNS registration. I can run the script every hours for example with a task schedule on my VPN workstation but it's not a good practice.. 

Do you have a solution to do that properly? Because without that, I can't manage my VPN workstation.

Thanks

PS: I have already ask this question on SCCM forum but they told me to ask in this forum

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 9:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your question.

I am currently performing research on this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience.

If you have any updates during this process, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you for your understanding and support. Highly appreciate your effort and time.

Wish you have a nice day!

Best regards,

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 10:57 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks you, let's me know if you find something, it's really appreciate!

Thank you

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 6:30 PM