none
Storage Mertics page shows incorrect data - mismatch with Usage.aspx

Question

• Hi,

I have a big problem on my sharepoint environment. The Storage Metrics page on the site collection does not show correct storage destribution. For instance a site collection has 22 GB of alloted storage out of which the Storman.aspx shows 21.1 Gb occupied by 1 of the subsites. However when I look at the Usage.aspx page of the site collection, it shows that the whole SC consumes only 13 Gb of the alloted 22. 

This is puzzling the owners and they want to know the how's and why's on this topic. 

I have read a lot that SP1 or AUG 2012 CU addressed this issue however I have MAY2016 CU applied to my environment and still this issue exists.

I can try another workaround (export/import) and see if that works however I have to get back to the Owners with a proper cause of this issue. Is this a product bug

Monday, March 13, 2017 3:22 PM

All replies

• Hi IMSunny,

Try to install the June 2016 CU. It has a specific fix for inaccurate Storage Metrics.

Reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3115177/june-14,-2016,-update-for-sharepoint-foundation-2013-kb3115177

If the issue exists, try to reset the storage metrics for the site collection though PowerShell commands below:

$site = Get-SPSite http://SiteCollectionURL
    $site.RecalculateStorageUsed()

Then go to Central Administration > Monitoring > Check job status > find the “Storage Metrics Processing” timer job> Run now.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 8:11 AM
  • Thanks Grace!

I had already tried this RecalculateStorageUsed() command on a Site collection which even though refreshed the Metrics but did not correct the data.

I think we will have to plan for June 2016 CU. 

So, in a nutshell - This is indeed a Bug.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 10:40 AM
  • Hi IMSunny,

Is there any update?

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 16, 2017 11:43 AM