none
PS 2007 Workspace Permessions - RRS feed

• Question

• Experts, we are utilizing the RBS to model security for who can view projects in PWA through the Category settings. Everything has been working successfully up until a few weeks ago. We created a version 5 of our Workspace (via loading stp files) and after that the permissions stopped getting passed through to the workspaces. for example, when a PM publishes a project, his supervisor can see the project in PWA but cannot access the workspace. when I check the workspace permissions, I do not see the supervisor name there either. could it be a bad stp file that we loaded? is it something else?
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 7:05 PM

Answers

• Try provisioning with an older STP version and see if you still have that
    issue. If not, I guess it is a template issue. If yes, sounds like security
    may have changed.

- Andrew Lavinsky

• Marked as answer by hadie Saturday, September 4, 2010 4:54 PM
    Friday, August 20, 2010 5:04 PM

All replies

• Did you create the STP file from an existing workspace, or did you create
    a brand new project workspace unattached to a project to develop the STP?

- Andrew Lavinsky

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 7:40 PM
  • Andrew, we typically use follow Scenario 1 using this site http://www.epmcentral.com/articles/wss3-sptcustom.php

Some of the permission like Admin and folks that had read-only right to all projects, but only the users that are tied to the RBS are not permitted to view these sites.

Thursday, August 19, 2010 5:41 PM
  • Try manually synchronizing the site in Server Settings > Project Workspace Settings to see if that fixes the problem.  If not, I might suspect that the Categories are set up incorrectly...

Have you added Team Members to these projects prior to publishing?

Friday, August 20, 2010 1:20 AM
  • I tried the sync fix and did not see any differences. The Team Members are able to view the workspaces with no issues. The issue is with, for example, when a Project Manager publishes and creates a workspaces his Supervisor (linked via RBS) is not able to see the Workspaces. They were able to at some point so I think the Categories are working. Keep in mind that we have been constantly updating the stp template during our pilot period and everything was working up until some point a few weeks back and I'm not sure if it's the latest stp template that caused it or something else?

Thanks again

Hadi

Friday, August 20, 2010 4:31 PM
  • Try provisioning with an older STP version and see if you still have that
    issue. If not, I guess it is a template issue. If yes, sounds like security
    may have changed.

- Andrew Lavinsky

• Marked as answer by hadie Saturday, September 4, 2010 4:54 PM
    Friday, August 20, 2010 5:04 PM
  • thanks Andrew. I'm going to try an older STP version and report back
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 11:47 PM
  • Andrew, the template is fine and the permission issue has to do with overall security settings in PWA

thanks for the help and guidance you've provided

Hadi

Saturday, September 4, 2010 4:54 PM