none
Resource Allocation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I just began learning MS project at my job last week and I have a quick question with regards to resource allocation, my apologies if this question has already been asked somewhere else. 

If I have two tasks overlapping during a project with them both starting and ending at different times is there an easy way to have a resource be full time on the first task until the second task starts and then have the resource split up time evenly between those two tasks until the first task is over and then they go full time on the second task? I know this can be done manually in the task usage view and different contours can be set but none of the contours seem to do what I want. Thanks!

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 1:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You could first assign the resource full time on both task. Obviously since the tasks are on the same time period, you'll get an overallocation.

Then you can level the resource allowing in the levling option to split the task, so the resource will work on the first task. You might also set a higher priorty to the second task.

BEFORE LEVELING

AFTER

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 3:02 PM
  • Option to allowing leveling to split task on remaining work:

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 3:05 PM