Publishing Dashboard with additional web parts RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to have a dashboard that consists of both PerformancePoint elements (e.g. Scorecards and reports) and other SharePoint webparts (e.g. a sharepoint list). What would be the recommend approach for constructing and deploying it?

Once solution I thought of was constructing a blank part web page and insert the PerformancePoint webparts along with the SharePoint specific ones. However, with this approach I can't deploy from Dashboard Designer.

Perhaps I am missing a step somewhere. Thanks in advance!

Craig
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 5:59 PM

Answers

• This is the exact way that you will want to design and build out your pages if you want to incorporate other items in your dashboard that are non-PPS related.  You will build your filters and dashboards with Dashboard Designer, publish them, and then with the PerformancePoint Dashboard Item web part you will connect to the PPS Monitoring database repository and add the items from the dashboard (you will select the dashboard and then items from the dashboard).  Everything will still be related on the PPS site based on what you defined in the dashboard when you published it.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by CMcQueen Friday, August 14, 2009 1:44 PM
    • Edited by Dan English Friday, August 14, 2009 1:46 PM typo
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 9:39 PM