Can internet explorer be fully uninstalled from Windows 10 or a computer? RRS feed

• Question

•    Hello,

I need help from a Windows 10/Microsoft tech or expert on an issue that has been quite bothersome or frustrating to me

lately.I would like to ask or know if the latest version of Internet Explorer can be fully uninstalled from Windows 10 or my

pc.I upgraded my pc to Windows 10 maybe about a week ago and just recently installed Mozilla Firefox cause i read that

it is one of the better web browsers and i believe the company had made some improvements on it as well.Well,i also have

Chrome too as well as Microsoft Edge..the browser that comes with Windows 10 that is better than Internet Explorer.

I don't need all these..i would just rather have Chrome,Firefox and maybe Edge should i use it.I want to completely do away

with the current version of Internet Explorer that i have but i keep getting messages like i need administrator permission to

delete the file or permission from Trusted Installer again and again.I tried rebooting in Safe Mode to see if i could remove it

but that didn't do anything either.I tried using a command prompt but that seems rather a bit confusing for me.Should i just 

go back to Windows 8.1 and remove or uninstall Windows 10 from my pc?Nothing i try seems to work for me.I don't think 

Internet Explorer can even be completely uninstalled from a computer?It is part of Windows or Microsoft.Need help from a 

Microsoft expert or Windows 10 expert on this issue.I now have it hidden with the properties tab.I also unchecked it from the

turn Windows programs on or off list on my pc..but that just hides it i think too.Need help.

Friday, October 23, 2015 1:38 PM

Answers

• Hi windows10j,

The Internet Explorer is a part of Windows operating system. It is not available to uninstall it completely.
    If you don`t want to use it, we could try to disable it from the control panel.
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features\Turn Windows features on or off.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Charles_Wang_ Monday, November 9, 2015 9:36 AM
    Monday, October 26, 2015 9:50 AM

All replies

• would like to ask or know if the latest version of Internet Explorer can be fully uninstalled from Windows 10

Same as ever, you can hide iexplore.exe and its shortcuts but the base browser functionality is needed by the OS.  Use  Windows Features  to uncheck  Internet Explorer 11.   (Win-s Tu Fe CursorDown, Enter)

Hmm... strangely I don't see Edge treated the same way.  I wonder if you could lose it at the same time.   <eg>

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, October 24, 2015 1:41 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi windows10j,

The Internet Explorer is a part of Windows operating system. It is not available to uninstall it completely.
    If you don`t want to use it, we could try to disable it from the control panel.
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features\Turn Windows features on or off.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Charles_Wang_ Monday, November 9, 2015 9:36 AM
    Monday, October 26, 2015 9:50 AM