Outlook changes my email view when I go from email to calendar and come back! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, 

I am using Outlook 365... This issue is sincerely bugging me and I hope you can propose a fix. I am in Compat view for email.

Then I go to Calendar by using the bottom left corner calendar logo shortcut. When I go back to email, the view has changed to two lines showing the email sender subject and the first line of email only.... instead of my compact with the summary panel in the middle and the headers on the left..... and now I have to reset to compact agian. This happens every time I switch between email and Calendar. Can you help me fix this permanently please. Thanks!

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 1:10 PM

All replies

• Hi ematters,

>> When I go back to email, the view has changed to two lines showing the email sender subject and the first line of email only.... instead of my compact with the summary panel in the middle and the headers on the left..... 

Have you made any customization to the compact view?
    Is this a recently happened issue? 
    If possible, could you please share some screenshots about the problem then our community members can help you better? You may upload the images via OneDrive and paste a link here.

Besides, you may try to start Outlook with /cleanviews switch (Close Outlook, press Win + R, type "outlook /cleanviews", press Enter.) then set things to how you wanted and check if the issue continues.

Any findings, please feel free to post back.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 7, 2017 7:44 AM