microsoft forefront client security removes VBA Macros from excel 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using microsoft forefront client security on my 2003-sp2 server . When I open an Excel file the macros are automatically removed with the message "Active X controls ..  "  . I have changed the Excel 2007 trust settings to allow Active X controls and Macros but I still cant record a new macro or view the existing ones. Is it because of the antivirus settings? Can anyone please share the steps to enables the macros and make the file read-write enable rather than the default read only one. 

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vishawjeet Singh
    Monday, February 7, 2011 12:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for the post.

AFAIK, this issue is not related to FCS product.

In this case, you could take a look at the following article:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/change-macro-security-settings-in-excel-HP010096919.aspx

If you need further assistance, please re-post a new thread to out Office Forum

Thanks,

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miles Zhang Monday, February 21, 2011 9:32 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by VishawjeetSingh Friday, March 18, 2011 8:55 AM
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 6:48 AM
  • Hi Miles,

Thanks for your reply. 
    I have already changed the Excel 2007 trust settings to allow Active X controls and Macros. I am certain the issue relates to forefront settings.

Regards,

Vishawjeet

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 7:07 AM